Here's the shortlist of ten [update: twelve] I'm currently selecting from.
This allows time for others to alert me to any important books I should read before I announce the final list.
PR books 2010 shortlist
- Anne Gregory, Planning and Managing Public Relations Campaigns: A Strategic Approach (3rd edition) Kogan Page
- Brian Solis, Engage: The Complete Guide for Brand and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web, Wiley
- Clay Shirky, Cognitive Surplus, Allen Lane
- Dave Stewart and Mark Simmons, The Business Playground, FT Prentice Hall
- David Meerman Scott, The New Rules of Marketing and PR (2nd edition) Wiley
- Jim Macnamara, The 21st Century Media (R)evolution, Peter Lang
- Julia Hobsbawm, Where the Truth Lies (2nd edition) Atlantic Books
- Lucy Laville and Neil Richardson, Develop Your PR Skills, Kogan Page
- [Update] Chris Barr et al, The Yahoo! Style Guide, Macmillan
- Timothy Coombs and Sherry Holladay, PR Strategy and Application, Wiley-Blackwell
- [Update] Robert McCrum, Globish, Viking
- [Update] Dan Gillmor, Mediactive, Lulu / Kindle