Richard tagged me on the ‘five things you didn’t know about me’ meme. I tried ignoring it, but he’s almost at his fundraising target for the charity cycle in Kenya, it’s nearly Christmas, so why be churlish?
- At university, I represented my institution at four competitive sports: football, tennis, badminton, table tennis.
- Despite this the most withering assessment I ever received at a graduate job interview was ‘not exactly a team player’. Spot on.
- I’ve always been an amateur. I’ve been a schoolteacher, publisher, editor, reporter, PR consultant and PR lecturer – but have no formal qualifications for any of these.
- I’ve been married for 20 years. No kids, two cats. (In Sicily, the matron who was told that Gail had no children – but two cats, muttered ‘Madonna’ and hurriedly made the sign of the cross.)
- My best Christmas day was spent in Seville. Sorry to offer no seasonal cheer, but I now think Morocco or Tunisia would be even better.
Time for a break, so I’m not spreading this ‘idea virus’.